Outstanding Piece of the Museums
The European Network is made up of numerous museums dedicated to the tradition of Holy Week that protect and disseminate the cultural heritage of their municipalities. All of them permanently display pieces of enormous artistic wealth that deserve to be recognized and that have been preserved over the centuries, representing the idiosyncrasies of these traditions inherited from generation to generation.
The initiative ‘Outstanding Piece of the Museums’ has born with the aim of making known the most representative pieces that house these spaces: sculptures, paintings, embroideries, tunics or goldsmith’s pieces. These museums are a true reflection that the presence of Holy Week lasts throughout the year, beyond the dates of its annual celebration, and stands as a tourist attraction that brings together a multitude of visitors captivated by this cultural richness.
PIECES, CURRENT PERIOD: FROM NOVEMBER 15 TO MARCH 15, 2024
- Ecce-Homo Brotherhood house, Alcalá la Real, Jaén: The Sentence
- La Salud Brotherhood house Museum, Alcalá la Real, Jaén: Virgin of Mercy
- Buen Fin Brotherhood Sacred Art Museum, Cabra, Córdoba: Inmaculate Conception
- Amor y Paz Brotherhood House, Lucena, Córdoba: Procesional cross of the Holy Christ of love
- Orihuela Holy Week Museum, Alicante: Mercenary of the Sculpture ‘the flagellation’
- “Holy Week in Puente Genil” permanent exhibition, Puente Genil, Córdoba: Perizoma
- “Holy Week in Viveiro” permanent exhibition, Viveiro, Lugo: Venerable Third Franciscan Order of Penance old minutes book