Outstanding Piece of the Museums
The European Network is made up of numerous museums dedicated to the tradition of Holy Week that protect and disseminate the cultural heritage of their municipalities. All of them permanently display pieces of enormous artistic wealth that deserve to be recognized and that have been preserved over the centuries, representing the idiosyncrasies of these traditions inherited from generation to generation.
The initiative ‘Outstanding Piece of the Museums’ has born with the aim of making known the most representative pieces that house these spaces: sculptures, paintings, embroideries, tunics or goldsmith’s pieces. These museums are a true reflection that the presence of Holy Week lasts throughout the year, beyond the dates of its annual celebration, and stands as a tourist attraction that brings together a multitude of visitors captivated by this cultural richness.
PIECES, CURRENT PERIOD: FROM MARCH 15 TO JULY 15, 2023
- The Inquisitor’s Palace the National Museum of Ethnography, Birgu, Malta: Deposition of Christ
- Ecce-Homo Brotherhood house, Alcalá la Real, Jaén: The tunic
- Buen Fin Brotherhood Sacred Art Museum, Cabra, Córdoba: Retablo el jubileo de la Porcíncula
- muBBla, Paso Blanco Embroidery Museum, Lorca, Murcia: Banner of Our Lady of Sorrows
- Amor y Paz Brotherhood House, Lucena, Córdoba: Sagum with embroideries of “Pireo” bullfighter’s costume
- Orihuela Holy Week Museum, Alicante: Dead Christ
- “Holy Week in Puente Genil” permanent exhibition, Puente Genil, Córdoba: Virgin of Candelaria
- “Holy Week in Viveiro” permanent exhibition, Viveiro, Lugo: Triumphal entry into Jerusalem