Outstanding Piece of the Museums
The European Network is made up of numerous museums dedicated to the tradition of Holy Week that protect and disseminate the cultural heritage of their municipalities. All of them permanently display pieces of enormous artistic wealth that deserve to be recognized and that have been preserved over the centuries, representing the idiosyncrasies of these traditions inherited from generation to generation.
The initiative ‘Outstanding Piece of the Museums’ has born with the aim of making known the most representative pieces that house these spaces: sculptures, paintings, embroideries, tunics or goldsmith’s pieces. These museums are a true reflection that the presence of Holy Week lasts throughout the year, beyond the dates of its annual celebration, and stands as a tourist attraction that brings together a multitude of visitors captivated by this cultural richness.
PIECES, CURRENT PERIOD: FROM JULY 15 TO NOVEMBER 15, 2022
- The Inquisitor’s Palace the National Museum of Ethnography, Birgu, Malta: Clapper
- Ecce-Homo Brotherhood house, Alcalá la Real, Jaén: Float of the Prisoners
- Buen Fin Brotherhood Sacred Art Museum, Cabra, Córdoba: Goldsmith ornaments
- muBBla, Paso Blanco Embroidery Museum, Lorca, Murcia: Steward’s tunic, Mother of Sorrows
- Amor y Paz Brotherhood House, Lucena, Córdoba: Thistle crown, Most Holy Christ crucified
- Cristo de la Columna Brotherhood House-Museum, Lucena, España: Canopy’s drop
- Orihuela Holy Week Museum, Alicante: Model of the head of Our Lord Father Jesus of Nazareth
- “Holy Week in Puente Genil” permanent exhibition, Puente Genil, Córdoba: The Riffraff
- “Holy Week in Viveiro” permanent exhibition, Viveiro, Lugo: Dead Christ
- Permanent Collection of the Škofja Loka Passion Play at the Loka Museum, Slovenia: Passion Flags