Outstanding Piece of the Museums
The European Network is made up of numerous museums dedicated to the tradition of Holy Week that protect and disseminate the cultural heritage of their municipalities. All of them permanently display pieces of enormous artistic wealth that deserve to be recognized and that have been preserved over the centuries, representing the idiosyncrasies of these traditions inherited from generation to generation.
The initiative ‘Outstanding Piece of the Museums’ has born with the aim of making known the most representative pieces that house these spaces: sculptures, paintings, embroideries, tunics or goldsmith’s pieces. These museums are a true reflection that the presence of Holy Week lasts throughout the year, beyond the dates of its annual celebration, and stands as a tourist attraction that brings together a multitude of visitors captivated by this cultural richness.
PIECES, CURRENT PERIOD: FROM NOVEMBER 15, 2022 TO MARCH 15, 2023
- The Inquisitor’s Palace the National Museum of Ethnography, Birgu, Malta: Clay Miniature of Our Lady of Sorrows
- Ecce-Homo Brotherhood house, Alcalá la Real, Jaén: New Pendant of the Lord of the Column
- Buen Fin Brotherhood Sacred Art Museum, Cabra, Córdoba: Candles or Wax
- muBBla, Paso Blanco Embroidery Museum, Lorca, Murcia: Judith’s Mantle
- Amor y Paz Brotherhood House, Lucena, Córdoba: Relicary Heart of the Holy Christ of Love
- Cristo de la Columna Brotherhood House-Museum, Lucena, España: Centurion
- Orihuela Holy Week Museum, Alicante: Roman Chaidriga
- “Holy Week in Puente Genil” permanent exhibition, Puente Genil, Córdoba: First Old Lent
- “Holy Week in Viveiro” permanent exhibition, Viveiro, Lugo: Holy Christ of Piety
- Permanent Collection of the Skofja Loka Passion Play at the Loka Museum: Photos from the On Stage Performance in 1936